Objectives and Planning of the St3TART project
The St3TART project addresses the following main objectives:
- Define and consolidate the methods and protocols for the validation of the Copernicus Sentinel-3 Altimetry Land products with FRM measurements, including guidelines for SI traceability, definition of the FRM measurement procedures, processing methods, and uncertainty budgets estimation;
- Assess the needs for permanent FRM sensors and FRM campaigns to support Copernicus Sentinel-3 STM Validation activities over Inland Water Surfaces and the Cryosphere, and prepare a roadmap document for the provision of FRM measurements to answer these needs;
- Deploy and operate in-situ sensors, perform or contribute to dedicated Validation campaigns over Inland Water Surfaces and the Cryosphere to provide FRM measurements for the validation of the Copernicus Sentinel-3 Altimetry Land products;
- Provide FRM data to the Copernicus Sentinel-3 STM validation teams through an FRM datahub;
- Develop the end-user SCALSIT tool to facilitate the identification of relevant sites to perform Copernicus Sentinel-3 STM Land Cal/Val activities.
The St3TART project will span from 2021 to early 2023.